Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, sweet & sour chicken. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sweet & Sour Chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Sweet & Sour Chicken is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have sweet & sour chicken using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet & Sour Chicken:
- Take 1 large shallot
- Make ready 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- Prepare 1/4 red bell pepper
- Prepare 4 oz canned pineapple chunks (cut into quarters), reserve 1/4cup juice for sauce
- Prepare 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/4-1/2 lb.)
- Prepare 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Get 1 clove garlic, small diced
- Prepare 1/2 tsp fresh ground cinnamon
- Prepare Salt and Pepper to taste
- Get 2 tbsp ketchup
- Get 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- Make ready 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Get 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Take 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Make ready 3 chives, chopped
- Get 1/2 cup cooked rice
Instructions to make Sweet & Sour Chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Cut the onion, bell peppers, and chicken breasts into one-inch pieces. Drain the pineapple well, keeping the juice for the sauce. Place the onion, bell pepper, chicken, and pineapple chunks on a large sheet pan in a single layer to prevent the chicken and vegetables from piling on top of each other. They need a little room to brown correctly
- Drizzle the cooking oil over the ingredients on the sheet pan, followed by the garlic powder, ground cinnamon, and a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Toss the chicken, bell peppers, onions, and pineapple until they are evenly coated in oil and spices.
- Bake the chicken and vegetables in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until they are slightly browned on the edges. Stir halfway through the baking time to redistribute the heat and allow excess moisture to evaporate.
- While the chicken and vegetables are baking, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepot whisk together the reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch until the cornstarch is fully dissolved. Heat the mixture over medium flame, stirring often, until it begins to simmer. When it begins to simmer the cornstarch will begin to gel and thicken the sauce. Once the sauce has thickened to a glaze, remove it from the heat and set it aside until ready to use.
- When the chicken and vegetables have finished baking, remove them from the oven and pour the prepared sauce over top. Stir until everything is coated in sauce.
- Serve the sweet and sour chicken over cooked rice with chopped chives sprinkled over top.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food sweet & sour chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!