Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, beef au gratin casserole. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This is a very hearty and soul warming casserole. Would be great served on a cold winter's night. Good any ole time of the year. In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain well.
Beef Au Gratin Casserole is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Beef Au Gratin Casserole is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook beef au gratin casserole using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Au Gratin Casserole:
- Make ready Olive Oil Spray
- Take 1.5 lbs ground beef
- Prepare 1.5 lbs petite red potatoes (sliced thin)
- Prepare to taste Salt and Pepper
- Get 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Make ready 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Take Cheese Sauce
- Take 1/4 cup butter
- Prepare 1 medium onion (diced)
- Get 1/4 cup corn starch
- Take 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- Make ready 3 cups chicken broth (divided into 2 cups and 1 cup)
- Take 1/2 cup sour cream
- Make ready 1 lb block Colby jack cheese (cubed)
Don't pass on this casserole of beef and potatoes in a creamy Cheddar sauce. MORE+ LESS Loaded au Gratin Potatoes. This low carb Southwest casserole recipe with ground beef and beans uses a can of low carb black soy beans. This is a yummy Southwest beef and bean casserole recipe that isn't too spicy.
Instructions to make Beef Au Gratin Casserole:
- Spray 13x9 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°. Thinly sliced potatoes.
- Dice onions.
- Cube cheese block.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan on medium heat.
- On medium high heat in medium skillet cook ground beef until browned and crumbled. Set aside.
- Add diced onions to melted butter and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add corn starch and dried thyme. Cook an additional 1 minute while stirring well.
- Add 2 cups broth. Stir continuously until thickened. (3-5 minutes)
- Add other cup of broth. Stir well. Reduce temp to medium-low.
- Add sour cream. Stir until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add Colby jack cheese. Stir continuously until melted and incorporated into sauce. Remove from heat.
- Spread half of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top potatoes with cooked ground beef.
- Layer the rest of the potatoes on top of the ground beef. Salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes and ground beef layers.
- Wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Set baking dish on a baking pan to collect any spillover. Bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove foil. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar.
- Add 1 cup Italian bread crumbs. Return to oven uncovered additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes before serving.
This low carb Southwest casserole recipe with ground beef and beans uses a can of low carb black soy beans. This is a yummy Southwest beef and bean casserole recipe that isn't too spicy. I may up the heat next Keto Hamburger Cabbage Casserole Recipe. With layers upon layers of beefy and cheesy goodness, this baked dish is packed with flavor. Mix the ground beef with the garlic powder, red onion, parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food beef au gratin casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!